On August 10, 2020 Online round table, titled "Overcoming the challenges of the pandemic. Women's perspective" was held within the Russia BRICS Chairmanship 2020.
Women's unique potential, which combines empathy, emotional intelligence and pragmatism, should become the basis for fostering their leadership in the initiatives to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. The governments of the BRICS member states should do more to ensure equal economic, political and social rights of females. The discussion highlighted the main challenges faced by the BRICS member states in empowering women, including women's participation in the economy primarily, assistance to women-owned enterprises, and adequate social support.
INGA LEGASOVA, Chairperson of the NGO "Union of Women's Forces", RUSSIA
NATALIYA ZAISER, Chair and Founder of Africa Business Initiative Union, RUSSIA
PAM RAJPUT, Chair of the High-Level Committee on the Status of Women, INDIA
1. EVGENIA R. BOGATOVA, Chairman of the Audit Committee of the All-Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, RUSSIA
2. PRITI DAROOKA, Executive director PWESCR International, INDIA
3. ZODWA MOGAMI, Chairperson of Leading Ladies of Africa, SOUTH AFRICA
4. ANITA GURUMURTHY, Executive Director IT for Change, INDIA
5. ANNA YARVITS, Chairperson of the first Board of Trustees for PRO Women Foundation, RUSSIA
6. MARIA JOSE, Professor at Getulio Vargas Foundation, BRAZIL
Watch live stream on YouTube platform https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1x8jHYs2xwlp7ucdzT2psg?view_as=subscriber